Home made Baby Food Receipes

To be updated as and when added.....

Avacardo Puree

Pics says it all....The final black shows the ripen avacardo which will be very soft when touched.

Just fork out the pulp and mash it. 



Vegetable puree ( any kinda of vegetables or combination of veggies): i pureed the vegetable till end of 6th month. Then I mashed the vegetables.

1. cut the veggies into small pieces
2. Add little water to the veggies and as well in the cooker vessel.
3. Cook for about 10 min to 15 min or 10 to 12 whistles.
4. Either mash it or puree in the blender






Dal Puree ( any kinda of Dal)


1. I have used one scoop of Dal
2. Add 1 tumbler of water and for three scoop add 2.5 tumbler of water.
3. Cook for about 7 to 15 min for one to three scoop.
4. If not cooked, keep again for one whistle.
5. Initially i was filtering the dal and giving the water and after he got used to the taste, I cook well and blend it or mash it well.



Angur Theratchai




Herbal for Baby


I have showed masakkai, dry ginger, vasambu, jaathikaai. I make paste out of it and give him along withgrape juice (prepared above) or with gripe water...


Vegetable puree ( any kinda of vegetables or combination of veggies)

1. cut the veggies into small pieces. I have shown carrot and potato here.
2. Add little water to the veggies and as well in the cooker vessel. Add a pod of garlic and haldi during 6th month as advised by my Dr.
3. Cook for about 10 min to 15 min or 10 to 12 whistles.
4. Either mash it or puree in the blender





Oats Powder/ Porridge




Spinach/Palak

Initially during 6th month, I cooked the leaves in little water and blended. After that I filtered the extract. At the end of 7th month, I didnt filtered. I pressure cooked the leaves with spices and direclty added to the baby food like rice and cerelac.



Rice

Till 6th month , I powdered the rice and then cooked in water. From 7th month, I directly cooked in pressure cooker and mashed it with hand while it is hot and mixed with vegetables. It gave me a good textures which will enable baby to learn to swallow.





Kerala Banana

1. Peel the skin and deseed the banana  and cut into small pieces as shown below. Pressure cook like steam method as shown in first pic. Then puree it in the blender. I added the pomegranate juice in the banana while blending.




Desseeded Dates

From the 6th month, I added dates puree to idli, rava and oats. I cooked 6 no of dates in pressure cooker like steam boil method and puree it in blender. I filtered in sieve and made a thick puree.

Kitchadi

Soak the rice overnight. In the pressure pan, add rice, moog dal, garlic, salt, pepper, jeera, cinnamon, ajwain, turmeric, any vegetables. add water and cook for about 10 min. It will be nicely mashed. Add ghee while feeding the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...